Senior Backend Developer
Career Level Mid-level
Experience 5+ Years Experience
Gender Male or Female
Qualifications Degree - Bachelor
Position: Senior Backend Developer
Reporting to: Head of Engineering
Location: Dubai, UAE
The job holder will be responsible for developing and maintaining 360VUZ video streaming platform based on the latest technologies and practices, collaborating with the web and mobile teams to meet the goals and objectives of the technology department, and be able to operate effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, collaborative and iterative programming environment.
- Design and Build the architecture of 360VUZ platform.
- Develop Backend components of 360VUZ applications.
- Work alongside mobile development team to develop, maintain and test APIs.
- Work alongside graphic designers to translate web designs into tangible features.
- Maintain code integrity and organization.
- Design and develop APIs for different application environments including Web, Mobile, and VR.
- Collaborate with the Head of Engineering on meeting & implementing both business technical requirements.
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages
- Other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or any related field
- Minimum 5 years of proven working experience in web development.
- Have solid expertise in building enterprise-level (PHP & Node.js) Applications with a strong knowledge in the following related technologies & frameworks:
- Experience in maintaining and developing RESTful API services.
- Have solid expertise in database technologies including MySQL, MongoDB, Redis.
- Have a deep understanding & building different enterprise software architectural patterns such as Microservices, SOA, MVC.
- Knowledge of containerization tools (Docker).
- Knowledge of container orchestration tools (Kubernetes).
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git/GitFlow and SourceTree.
- Experience with AWS or other cloud services.
- Proficiency in managing Linux environment.
- Having past experience in working with modern software development methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, and XP.
- Having Good experience in building Video Streaming & OTT Apps is a plus.